Thursday, 4 April 2013

Do you hate seagulls?

 
A Soap Box Post
I just can't understand anyone hating an animal so much that they want to kill it, eradicate it or persecute it. 
Guess it doesn't take much to see the clues in this blog that I'm a fan. 

In fact I really do love and care about wildlife in general and sea birds are the same to me as garden birds, foxes and badgers.                

                                  It seems we either love them or hate them!

OK, they're big, they steal our chips and ice creams, and splat on our precious cars.
My washing gets a few direct hits now and again-but not as often as I thought it would.

None of these are pleasant things and I do feel sorry for people who are swooped on-its not a great experience (its happened to me too) and little children are an easy target and no match for a big bird.

Maybe you are encouraged by some of the posters depicting our wildlife as thugs every time you go to the seaside? 

However if you go into a town or city at the weekend you'll find much worse, plenty of thugs, fights, vomit, litter, urine and a whole lot more. If you feel so strongly about bad behaviour then please start with humans first!

Please don't feed seagulls, watch out when they have chicks about, don't wave your food around outside, put all litter into the bins provided and do your best to encourage others not to feed them....but please don't hate them.


1 comment:

  1. I quite agree with you about humans first. Seagulls can be a pest but there is just something about them that I quite like! x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I read them all. At the moment I'm struggling for time making it difficult to reply individually to each comment, but I'll do my best.