Monday, 1 April 2013

Would you cut short your holiday?

Out walking today I met a lovely family from Leicester. They love Brixham and come on holiday here a lot. It was the first time the weather had been so cold and windy and they were thinking of going home early. As I walked along after our chat, I thought about all my family holidays by the seaside years ago when I was a child. No matter how bad the weather we never thought of going home early. Maybe it was because we only had one holiday each year and going back to our house in the city was not something to look forward to. Maybe home is a better place than it used to be for many people and that's a good thing. However I just cant imagine my family saying come on kids its too cold lets go home early and we'd all cheer and pack our suitcases!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I read them all. At the moment I'm struggling for time making it difficult to reply individually to each comment, but I'll do my best.