Thursday, 19 June 2014

Four Weeks To Go And Nowhere To Live!

Hello All
Many thanks to those who have emailed to see how we are doing. I've been trying to get a post out for weeks but time is flying by. I'm still in a panic. We just can't find anywhere and to be honest hardly any houses have come onto the market that are suitable. Between work, domestics, house searches, cattery searches, rental property searches, packing and garden clearing and maintenance I'm worn out....well that's what happens when you move house!

So enough of my moaning.

I managed a walk a couple of weeks ago and took these images. I love this little sparrow chick being fed in my garden.







Rabbits in the field on the walk down the lane to the coastal path




Horses in the same field


I just managed to catch a seal on camera


An assortment of birds along the path




Fulmars-I've had no time at all to walk along the path to see if the Fulmar chicks have hatched


The meadow where the Buzzard hunts was looking beautiful



Cormorant chicks-never seen these before so it was a real treat




A Herring Gull chick shares the cliffs with the Cormorant chicks and families. There are chicks everywhere at the moment and they are so lovely to watch.


Looking out to sea at Berry Head with the Meadowsweet looking very pretty


Lots of Guillemots in the sea around Berry Head


In full song


So folks I'll leave you again for a few weeks and who knows we may have found somewhere by then. I'm so sorry I can't keep up with your posts and I can tell you I'm really missing you all right now.

Take care and until next time
SeagullSuzie

8 comments:

  1. Hello Suzie:

    House hunting, which should be hugely enjoyable and fun, seldom is and can, alongside moving, prove to be most stressful. We very much hope that you will quickly find what you are looking for.

    Meanwhile your images of the wildlife and Nature which abound around you are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry to hear your house hunting predicament continues :( I really do hope you find somewhere suitable to buy soon and also somewhere to rent in the interim period. You must be absolutely worn out.

    Some beautiful photos in your post. I love the one of Berry Head with meadowsweet in the foreground and the buzzard hunting meadow is looking stunning.

    Thinking of you and really hoping you succeed in finding a place soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your photos are amazing. Hope that everything gets sorted out soon. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the babies- all so sweet. Huge luck for the house move, really hope something pops up at the last minute for you x

    ReplyDelete
  5. That fluffy sparrow chick in the first pic is cute, so many babies around at the moment.
    Oh, good luck with the house hunting. I do feel for you, we were in much the same boat a few years ago and eventually found a property to rent. It was only supposed to be for a few months. Three years later..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely pictures
    Hope the move get sorted soon
    We are you moving too..........?
    Julie xxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry to hear you haven't found anywhere suitable yet. We are still waiting for a buyer - suitable or otherwise! At least if you are in rented accommodation, you will be able to move fast when a suitable place DOES appear on the market. There's a shortage of "our" sort of place in Herefordshire too (where we are planning to move to), so perhaps everyone is staying put. Stamp duty (amongst other expenses) is a BIG chunk.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness.....I how did I miss this??? Plenty to rent round here if you fancied it! I love that Chaffinch in full song. Good luck with it and let me know if there's anything I can do to help. Off to GOSH next week which is very...er....exciting, sort of. x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I read them all. At the moment I'm struggling for time making it difficult to reply individually to each comment, but I'll do my best.