Friday, 21 November 2014

Pelicans and House Update

What an incredibly busy week this has been. The best news is that we finally got the sellers to exchange on Wednesday with completion next Wednesday. We move in a couple of weeks from now and will be settled at last in our new home.


Watching these wonderful gentle giants at the zoo must have had an effect on me last Friday. I stood in the beautiful morning sunshine beside the lake and took these photos on a proper day off.



My favourite image above. 
Clearing my mind of all the resent stresses meant I could see clearly and decided we had waited patiently for long enough concerning exchange. My monkey post on Monday said it all (and oh I did love that photo).




Apparently the Pelicans were unsettled and off their food due to a tree falling down next to the lake in last weeks storm, which brought gusts of wind at over 90 mph here.

Beautiful colours in the grounds of the zoo and lots of seed heads for the wild woodland birds

I was kept company by a Herring Gull who tried to steal my pain au chocolat whilst waiting for Pelican feeding time. It did not succeed.

Plenty of chicks about and fresh water washing going on.


Some fantastic monkeys at Paignton Zoo. These chaps live a good life without cages or bars and swing happily in the many trees around the lake areas.


Pelican feeding time and a real treat to watch them gliding over for catch of the day.


Plenty of birds on the lake


Flamingos having a rest and a preen on their quiet island, under a tree just turning for Autumn.


Busy birds swimming about on the lakes and many waterways around this beautiful zoo.


This was the best image I caught of the many Herring Gulls swooping at Pelican feeding time. Shame I chopped off the wing, but I love the blue skies behind and it catches the feathers quite well.


I leave you with an apology for not catching up on your posts over this last week..sorry folks.

Also to say that I'll be away from blogging for a few weeks now until we move house. I will keep popping by to see what you are all up to, when I'm sitting exhausted with a cuppa, a biscuit and in need of a rest, but don't think I'll be able to leave any comments.

In the meantime, I hope you all stay well and that your Christmas preparations go well.

SeagullSuzie signing out until just before Christmas
Bye for now folks

25 comments:

  1. Excellent news! I am so pleased for you. Great that you'll be in before Xmas. Super photos too x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks CT. Having a little rest this afternoon, I'm seriously running out of energy!

      Delete
  2. Oh that's great news. I hope the move goes well and you'll settle in quickly. Don't exhaust yourselves too much, I know what it's like! Your own house for Christmas, what could be a better present than that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, yes tired out already and we still have a week to go, trouble is we have to have viewings here at the rental. Today and last Saturday have been taken up with that. I seem to be spending my time cleaning, food shopping, packing or driving between homes!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful bird photographs...all very lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks, they are great birds to watch and I met the keeper at feeding time, she really loves 'her pelicans'

      Delete
  4. Really wonderful news - I am so pleased for you both especially that you will be in before Christmas :) Love the photos especially the pelicans and the very last shot :) Good Luck with the move.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Yes we will be in soon and all the madness will be over. We are picking up the Christmas tree next Thursday....it'll be in before us!

      Delete
  5. Wonderful news, it should give you time to get settled before Christmas arrives which will be extra special to have in your new home - lovely photos of the pelicans and other birds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rosemary, I'm sitting down resting this afternoon...just had to give myself a break. I did enjoy my zoo trip and went especially to photograph the birds in the lake, I found the pelicans very relaxing to watch.

      Delete
  6. That is great news and now it won't be long before you're moving in, congratulations. I love your pelican photos and I can see why that particular one is your favorite. It's adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Denise, many thanks. Yes just over a week to go now, we are surrounded by boxes and trying to eat the contents of the freezer...which makes for some peculiar combinations! The sunshine made the preening sessions look great I thought and the birds movements were a joy to watch.

      Delete
  7. Yay!!!! I am so pleased for you that things are finally moving along. I hope that the move goes well and that you have a wonderful Christmas in your new home. I will look forward to seeing you when you return to blogland, but I really do hope that all goes wonderfully in the meantime. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amy, many thanks. Not enjoying this bit at all...more packing and sorting out, travelling between the two houses to meet up with the builders, cleaning and all the usual house stuff. We will be in just in time to enjoy a good rest over the holiday period, so that's quite lucky. I have forced an afternoon of rest on myself today.

      Delete
  8. I'm so pleased to read your good news. I'll keep my fingers crossed everything goes smoothly and you will be settled by Christmas. Fantastic pictures of the pelicans. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sarah. We are getting things done at the new place but it needs a fair bit of work after we move in too. Still the Christmas decorations have been found, the tree base and lights are already at the property and we'll pick up a tree next week. Springer rescue has completed the home check already, so all the paperwork is done and we just have to wait for the right dog to come along. Hope your little one is settling in.

      Delete
  9. Glad you got it sorted Suzie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Roy, we had one major hiccup on completion day, but it was all sorted quickly. Can't wait to move back mear the sea.

      Delete
  10. Hooray! Love those Pelicans and excellent Seagull in flight picture. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Em. The herring gulls were very naughty at feeding time, one of the pelicans actually caught a gull in its enormous beak by accident, but I missed the photo!

      Delete
  11. What lovely photos. I am so glad you have completion and should be in your new home now. I hope the move went well. Sorry to be posting so belatedly, but life has got in the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. many thanks-catching up myself today-just about to do a new post with an update.

      Delete
  12. I hope all has gone well with the move and that you are happily settling in to your new abode :-)

    Hope you have a lovely Christmas and best wishes for the year ahead :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you David. It was madness but great to be in our home for the holidays.

      Delete
  13. These are brilliant photos. I am glad I came in to see them. You have great detail on the feathers. Amazing shots and a great reminder of my visits to the zoo years ago. Thanks for stopping by. I hope your move went well, that you had a wonderful Christmas and wish you and your family A Very Happy and Healthy New Year :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I read them all. At the moment I'm struggling for time making it difficult to reply individually to each comment, but I'll do my best.