Wednesday, 25 May 2016

Purrfect Entertainment

I came across Seahue via YouTube videos this morning. A wonderful collection of films and photography from Seahue found by accident when looking for some films to entertain cats...I know...what can I say....Griffin was bored!


Since his x-rays revealed the cause of his pain and he now takes regular anti-inflammatory medicine, he's a new cat, full of fun, interest and mischief. 

Something had to be done so that I could get on with my work in peace and I found "Party at the snow hole" - Blue Jays and Red Squirrels 


I think Seahue will be entertaining Griffin for many weeks to come....and Percy joined in too, he particularly likes the squirrels.


Well work is getting in the way of life and I just cant keep up. 

I'm working full steam ahead until the end of September, and then life should return to normal. I can go out more, take photographs and generally enjoy life with Hubby, friends, the pets and the garden.

One of the things having the most impact on my blog/photography etc, is working all day on the computer. It's having a really serious effect on my eyes making them very tired and I need to rest them. I love to read too and have a stack of books and magazines piling up-but my eyes just wont take it....a sign of getting old!

I'm trying to keep up with your lives and blogs and am using Google+ to post news items, but I can't seem to get time to comment or write posts properly. I also have a new smart phone...it was smarter than me for a while...but I've got it now and use it to take a few snaps when I'm out walking Harry.

I shall attempt a new approach, quick posts with camera photos and see how I get on.

Until next time
Take care all and happy blogging
SeagullSuzie

18 comments:

  1. Sorry to read about your tired young eyes. I have heard that thin slices of cucumber can help to ease them and so to will Nelson's homeopathic Euphrasia 30. Have missed seeing your wonderful photos and now I know the reason. Not being a cat person, I thought it a bit odd to see your cats watching a film. So I checked with Mrs H who confirmed that her old Puss used to watch TV.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mel, yes I use soothing products for my eyes but the best treatment is rest-thanks for the tips though. I really miss getting out and taking proper photos. We had a cat when I was a child who loved to watch football on the TV with my dad. It would sit on top of the box (as they were big old wooden boxes in those days) and paw the players.

      Delete
  2. I could never get our cats to watch TV! Nooshie and Fennel before here were never interested.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Simon, unless it's Springwatch they are not usually bothered, but Griffin and Percy just loved this HD filming.

      Delete
  3. It is very hard on the eyes when you have to be on the computer all day for work. One of our cats loves watching TV especially Springwatch with the baby birds and little animals:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Rosie, yes Springwatch is a favourite but they get bored when the presenters talk, so this film is perfect. I've had complete computer rest for 3 days and feel so much better.

      Delete
  4. I love the photos of your cats - they look like a couple of Derby and Joans.
    I have a very sore eye this evening, not sure if it is pollen or the computer, or simply an eyelash in my eye. Hope it improves after a nights sleep.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope your eye is better, sleep is a great healer when it comes to eyes, but yes the pollen count is going up, luckily I'm not too badly affected.

      Delete
  5. It's a shame the summer will be heading towards it's end when your work starts to reduce. Has the transfer to another organisation been even more work than was originally anticipated? With limited time available you need to spend it away from technology. Twinkle has never taken much notice of the computer or tv, you found a wonderful site to keep the cats entertained. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sarah, I know...I was quite sad to see my contract end then...just as the summer ends...but looking on the bright side it's when the dog is allowed back on the beach!

      Delete
  6. Maybe they can start following everybody's blogs Suzie.{:))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Roy, I'm sure Griffin would have plenty of comments if he could speak...he's a delight to own and so engaging.

      Delete
  7. Our old cat used to like watching nature videos too, and whenever birds took off in the films he always seem surprised that they didn't actually come out of the screen. He wasn't the brightest cat in the world :-)

    I often use my smart phone to take quick snaps whilst I am out and about and they can take pretty decent photos can't they. It saves carrying a camera around anyway!

    Hope you are OK, despite all the work, and kindest regards to you all :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you David, I'm ok, just wishing I could enjoy life a little more. However I'm having great walks with Harry each morning before I start work in a wonderful environment so I have nothing to complain about really.

      Delete
  8. Bog standard PC monitors will give you eye strain and headaches during extended use. You can make a vast difference by upgrading to a 144hz monitor (Benq do lots). The difference is in the refresh rate of the monitor. With a standard monitor running at slower refresh rates, your brain will subliminally pick up the imperceptible flicker. This does not happen with a fast refresh rate at 144hz. Turning down the brightness on a standard monitor makes the problem worse as the monitor cycLes slower!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. many thanks Freddie, I didn't know that, especially the brightness level-have made sure it's high.

      Delete
  9. And here's the explanation http://www.flatpanelshd.com/focus.php?subaction=showfull&id=1362457985

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I read them all. At the moment I'm struggling for time making it difficult to reply individually to each comment, but I'll do my best.