Wednesday, 15 June 2016

Beach Litter Plastic Isn't Fantastic


Holidays bring something extra to our beaches
Left by youngsters enjoying beautiful Elberry Beach during the last May half term holiday

We watched as they walked across Broadsands Green, arms and hands full of picnic food and drink in the evenings..............and this is what they left behind

SHAME ON YOU


"Save our planet Plastic Isn't Fantastic" left with the rest of the rubbish ...oh and some plastic



Do you ever sit and dream about having one wish granted? I do, it varies from serious humanitarian wishes, to frivolous wishes like all politicians can only tell the truth (I do like that one), but there is always this wish which amuses me "I wish that everyone who litters will find all the rubbish (including dog poo) they have ever left, chucked, thrown or dropped, piled high on their most favourite or prized inanimate object"


If only they had paid as much attention to their environment and cleaning up as they did to their appearance - looking like extras from the cast of Hollyoaks with less brains!

Meanwhile people are so quick to blame herring gulls for making a mess and being a nuisance....really!

You know whose side I'm on.

Not wanting to leave you with a 'rubbish post' I'm going to schedule a post for next week as we are off on holiday to the west coast of Scotland to a place called Ardnamurchan. At the moment I'm busy packing and I can tell you Harry has his own bag (leads, towels, poopy bags, Sudocreme, antiseptic spray, ear wipes, toys)...and then his bowls and food on the day. If only I could train him to do his own packing!

Happy blogging

SeagullSuzie signing out until after the holiday

10 comments:

  1. Hope you have a great time away! It is amazing how some people can be such awful litterbugs isn't it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy, so annoying, I'd love to set a water cannon on them!

      Delete
  2. Totally agree with you people need to take their litter home with them. This year we have reduced our waste by 80 per cent. We are looking at reducing it further by stripping off the plastic wrappers inside of the shops, after we have purchased our goods that way the shop managers will get the message loud and clear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well done Mel, it's difficult though isn't it!

      Delete
  3. I know what you mean. I lived down a small street 3 houses from the stairs to the beach.
    My back yard was street side. they would throw garbage over my fence, KFC boxes with chicken bones (I have dogs) hamburger wrapper, ketchup papers, bottles, dirty diapers. even used syringes ?
    What a mess.

    Now forget this and have a great vacation.
    cheers, parsnip and thehamish
    .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that sounds awful, I hate litter and the people who drop it.

      Delete
  4. Good on you for collecting it and shame on them for leaving it. Have a lovely hols x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They just don't seem to care CT, they carry it all the way there and just leave it...ooh it makes my blood boil!


      Delete
  5. A dreadful sight to find. Hope you had a good holiday! Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Made much worse by the fact the council wont put a decent sized bin there. Anyway, yes I did many thanks.

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I read them all. At the moment I'm struggling for time making it difficult to reply individually to each comment, but I'll do my best.