Friday, 6 January 2017

Cockington Fayre

Over the holidays we went to Cockington Christmas Fayre managing to get out on a fairly decent morning.


The grounds are lovely with some spectacular trees. A visit in the Autumn is recommended to see the beautiful colours.



There were lots of stalls and I love this vintage van



You can watch them making chocolate...delicious!


Fun turkey hat on a brass band member


Pizza van oven-must be hot in there





The blacksmith workshop is always interesting, although he's having a rest, the gloves are down


Inside the house has been arranged beautifully to sell items by local artists




We visit Cockington Country Park fairly regularly. In the wet winters it gets very muddy and the dog gets filthy, so we tend to stay away after heavy rainfall and stick to the beach. Torbay Coast and Countryside Trust are doing some great restoration work to the lakes and you can read more about that here.

I have lots keeping me very busy at the moment, so blogging is suffering, but I'm sure things will sort themselves out soon.
Wishing you all well for 2017
SeagullSuzie

14 comments:

  1. Happy New Year. That looked like a great day

    Julie xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julie, it was lovely to get out in the fresh air.

      Delete
  2. The can reminds of the churros van that my sister and fiance used to take to the festivals selling stuff

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was wondering how they could have a fire oven in a small van.

      Delete
  3. I've not been to Cockington (though I have a couple of Torquay pottery jugs featuring it) but my husband's parents went there regularly when they holidayed with their friends who lived at Babbacombe. It looks like there's a lot there for visitors nowadays.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you are right there is more to see and do, they have to increase visitor numbers, and the studios used by local artists are heavily subsidised to help them get started.

      Delete
  4. Looks a lovely place and a great seasonal event. Happy New Year:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rosie, it's a nice place to visit at any time of they year, even when busy you can always find a little spot to yourself.

      Delete
  5. I haven't been to Cockington since I was a child - Fayre looks wonderful especially those chocolates :) The church looks interesting too! Happy New Year Suzie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Still haven't visited the church, I should though, as I know you like your churches!

      Delete
  6. Best wishes for 2017! Cockington does look interesting - I love the look of the chocolates. I'm always fascinated by forges, too - a real reminder of the past.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The blacksmith has been on the TV in several local programmes. It's great to watch him work and you can buy his pieces in the shop next to it. It has a great smokey smell.

      Delete
  7. That is a lovely setting for a Christmas Fayre. The only time I have visited Cockington was when we were on honeymoon which was a long time ago! Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should come back for a visit on a nice weather day. Bring your wellies though and plenty of towels to wipe down Tavi.

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I read them all. At the moment I'm struggling for time making it difficult to reply individually to each comment, but I'll do my best.