Sunday, 1 October 2017

Summer Trips and Beach Hut Goodbyes

A trip to Brixham


Brilliant work from the Pride in Brixham volunteers


Man and Boy Statue which commemorates lives lost at sea and Brixhams fishing heritage.

A trip to the Donkey Sanctuary Sidmouth


A trip to A La Ronde, Exmouth, such a great place to visit


A trip to Living Coasts, Torquay


A visit to the Eden Project in May, the pond was looking beautiful.



A new bed in the Mediterranean Biome, full of Kangaroo Paw plants


A holiday with my friend in Yorkshire in early September




A trip to the wonderful Scampston Hall, Malton, North Yorkshire


A major project is underway in the back garden. I have dug up the slate path to the left of the photo and we took that off to the recycling centre. I am now in the process of digging up the slabs, removing a lot of old plants and weeds and will lay the slabs back in a different pattern.


And finally although it only seems like yesterday we were preparing for the beach hut season, it's once again time to pack up our beach hut until next season.



Not the greatest photos because I used my mobile phone camera. I decided to just enjoy my friends company and visits rather than use the opportunity to get snapping for the best photos as I'm sure it can be very annoying!

Until next time, take care all
SeagullSuzie

14 comments:

  1. A delightful series :) hope you had a wonderful summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Denise, we had a lovely summer despite the weather.

      Delete
  2. It looks like you've had a lovely summer. I expect you will be glad to finish the work in your garden. Any new plantings planned? It must be sad shutting up your beach hut for the winter.

    Those Kangaroo Paws at the Eden Project remind me of the plantings in the big dome at the National Botanic Garden of Wales, where we are standing next weekend for the two day Antiques Fair. It is lovely to be able to walk around at quiet times, and see what is in flower (lots of Australian plants in there).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I've seen the NBC of Wales on TV and it looks fabulous. Yes new plantings planned and I'm taking plantlets and seedlings of low growing insect loving plants in particular Stachys byzantina and Ajuga. I'll take a photo this weekend on the progress.

      Delete
  3. The Brixham Volunteers displays are always wonderful, they must have good fun in producing new creations! It was lovely to see some of your pictures from the summer, it seems to have gone so fast. It must be sad packing up the beach hut for another year. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This summer has gone by very fast and yes it's sad to pack up the beach hut. Th council are taking them all away for the winter and I've been watching their progress all week.

      Delete
  4. I think it's a lovely set of shots!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Simon....a summer in photos!

      Delete
  5. Lovely to read what you have been doing this summer - looks like you had a good time. Hope all goes well with the garden changes and I love your beach hut - it must be wonderful to spend time there :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We still love the beach hut and even bought some fancy new reclining chairs this year as a treat! Garden changes are going well but I'm just learning to take my time (not injure myself) and do a little bit each week.

      Delete
  6. Lovely Summer photos. Adore the beautiful horse walking towards you..

    cheers, parsnip

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, oh the horse is so sweet natured but the little pony can bite so I was on my guard.

      Delete
  7. I love those sheep with their noses in the bright buckets! What a fab photo! I look forward to seeing the development of your garden.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sarah, the sheep are hilarious and have great personalities. They are always waiting at tea time for the sound of their treats going into those buckets and they come running from the top of the field, then they love a good scratch!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I read them all. At the moment I'm struggling for time making it difficult to reply individually to each comment, but I'll do my best.